Usually, the answer is yes. Here is a list of examples:
- The typical fast food joints (Burger King, Dominos, McDonalds, …) do with their employees on motorcycles.
- Many other restaurants deliver.
- For restaurants that don’t there is Glovo!, Uber Eats, …
- The places that sell propane and bottled water deliver, some on motorcycles, some on bicycles.
- Many supermarkets deliver.
- Companies that sell heavy things (e.g., 5-gallon bucket of paint) deliver.
- Many hardware stores (Cemaco and EPA, for example) deliver.
For the case when some place doesn’t deliver, you need a Flete. Basically someone with an old pickup truck (and sometimes a friend) who charges you by distance. (Don’t get scared, the last time I had something delivered it was a clothes drier. Truck, two guys and about a 3 kilometer trip cost me about $9.
But, you can always ask. For example, I would buy cases of Cabro beer from a tienda in San Antonio Palopó, One time I said “those bottles are heavy and I am old” and they offered to deliver. It was amusing to watch a young local woman walking up my stairs with a case of beer on her head.